Wednesday 20 November 2013

Listen to the band

 Another story shared for our Now Hear This series, here we feature another of our patients who has kindly agreed to talk about why he chose The Hearing Care Centre.

John from Upper Layham, Suffolk

Why did you decide to have your hearing checked by The Hearing Care Centre?

Life is too short to only hear half of its music
My hearing was always checked by my employer as I used to work for BT and they used to check our hearing free of charge. Saying that, I first noticed I had a problem hearing female voices, they are softer and often higher and it was when a woman was speaking to me I found I was having to lean in or just not make out what they were saying properly. It was then that I went to see Karen and her team and afterwards I remember I went to a concert that same night at Woodbridge School – it was fantastic! I heard all the musical instruments properly and I hadn’t realised up until that point how much I was missing, it really made that much difference. I also started to notice other sounds at home which I didn’t realise I wasn’t hearing like the washing machine or the various sounds the car engine makes. The trouble is with hearing loss, it can be a gradual thing and therefore these sounds sort of slip off the radar without you realising it. When you get them back again you suddenly realise just how much you’ve not been hearing.

What would you say to others who are unsure about having their hearing checked? 

Definitely have it checked, I remember before I had mine checked I could never hear what my poor father-in-law said as he spoke so quietly and also in a crowd I literally couldn’t focus when I couldn’t hear. My hearing aids were a birthday present in the end and my wife notices the difference just as much as me; they are the first thing I do in the morning and they don’t come out until I go to bed. When you see how small the vast range of hearing aids The Hearing Care Centre has, its phenomenal and they just work – I’m over the moon with mine.

I do hope you're enjoying these personal stories shared with us by our patients if you'd like to get in touch with me at the Hearing Care Centre you can do so free by calling 0800 096 2637 from a landline.

Until next time, my best regards

Karen 




No comments:

Post a Comment